NHL Waiver Draft 1997
Waiver draft rules and list of players in the draft
Only nine players were claimed in this years waiver draft. Four teams got an added dose of muscle when tough guys Mike Peluso, Mick Vukota, Scott Daniels and Brent Severyn were among nine players who changed clubs in Sunday's annual NHL waiver draft.
List of players moved in waiver draft:
Some notable players not selected included Vancouver Canucks netminder
Corey Hirsch, forwards Ulf Dahlen and Kevin Miller of the Chicago Blackhawks, left wing Paul Ranheim of the Carolina Hurricanes, center Peter Zezel of the New Jersey Devils, defenseman Frank Musil of the Ottawa Senators and Alexander Godynyuk of the St. Louis Blues.
- Anaheim claimed left winger Brett Severyn from Colorado.
- Boston claimed center Tim Taylor from Detroit and center Robert Lang from Pittsburgh.
- Calgary claimed left winger Mike Peluso from the New York Rangers.
- New Jersey claimed left winger Scott Daniels from Philadelphia.
- New York Islanders claimed left winger Tom Chorske from Ottawa.
- Phoenix claimed goaltender Jimmy Waite from Chicago.
- St.Louis claimed center Pascal Rheaume from New Jersey.
- Tampa Bay claimed right winger Mick Vukota from the New York Islanders.
Contact The HockeyNut - Front Page - Archive
Copyrightę1997 The HockeyNut